True Life Stories Angela's Story

True Life Stories

Angela's Story

I am 35 years old and I have wanted the surgery for about 6 years. I just haven't been able to afford surgery with college and a family until this year. I had always dreamed until that day would come. I finally was able to afford the surgery in April 2004. I was a 36 C and now I am about a 38 D or a small DD.

My husband and I did some research and found my plastic surgeon. We checked the web site out and were very pleased. I called and got some prices and he was reasonable enough to afford the surgery, so my husband and I discussed it and decided to get an appt for a consultation.

The day of the consultation we went into a small room and a nurse showed us several different sizes to try on and she left the room and gave us some time to try some on and came back in and ask if we had decided on what size I would want to be. My husband of course wanted me to get them as big as I could get them and I said I didn't want to be any bigger than a DD. He agreed to a DD. The Doctor came in and introduced himself and measured my breast and we ended up going with 375 cc in the left breast and 350cc in the right because the left was a bit bigger than the right. So a few months later we decided to set up an appt to have the surgery. I paid in full and got an appt for sometimes in May because they were so booked. I ask the lady if I could be put on a cancellation list so that if anyone canceled then I could get a sooner appt. We were so happy when the doctor's office called and asked if I would like to come in for surgery in April because they had a cancellation. So then I got an appt for blood work and the following week I had surgery.

The day of surgery, I had to be there at 8:15 that morning. We had to wait for about 45 minutes. I was so nervous. There were actually other people there in the waiting room. I do remember seeing one lady come out and she looked like she was in so much pain. I told my husband that I was ready to get the surgery over with so that I could calm down a bit.

After surgery was all over with I can remember the nurse trying to wake me up and I was real groggy for awhile. I don't remember much about her helping me with my clothes. I do remember when I first looked down at them they were so swollen. I thought they were going to pop. I hurt so badly.

My husband and I had a nice hotel down the road to stay in for the night because we lived a few hours away. I would have never made a long drive. I went straight to the bed. Usually I am so picky about hotels, sheets and all. I didn't care that day. I didn't check anything out I just had to lie down. I slept for awhile and my husband went to get us something to eat and when he got back with the food I could only eat very little. I was in too much pain. I couldn't lie on my side or lift my arms up. My husband had to help me in and out of bed. Finally after a few hours I started feeling better. I started just making my self get up and move around. I thought that would be the quickest recovery. I then started feeling much better. I still had a lot of pressure in my boobs and pain, but I could then tolerate it. We actually got to go to the mall for awhile and I got to go and eat out. It got easier each day.

Now it has been about 6 weeks since my surgery and I am doing great! I still have a bit of swelling. I don't regret the surgery at all and I am very happy with the size of my breast.

Return to True Life Stories

Locate a Plastic Surgeon in your area:

Select Your State

Select Your Province, All About Breast Augmentation and Breast Implants

Home Procedure Guide Photo Gallery Locate a Surgeon Forum & Chat News & Features All About Breast Augmentation All About Breast Implants True Life Stories FAQ Links & Resources Site Map Contact Terms & Conditions Sponsorship Opportunities — Your Guide to Breast Augmentation and Breast Implants

Copyright © 2015, All Rights Reserved