Latest Breast Augmentation News
- Diet changes might cut breast cancer risk,
US News Health, May 15, 2013
- Women have new options for breast cancer surgery,
ABC News, May 14, 2013
- How exercise may lower breast cancer risk,
Time Health & Family, May 8, 2013
- Breast augmentation patients report high satisfaction rates,
ASPS, May 1, 2013 — 98 percent of breast augmentation patients said the results met or exceeded their expections, according to a new prospective outcome study.
- Breast cancer drugs urged for high risk women,
New York Times, April 15, 2013
- Moderate drinking OK for breast cancer survivors?,
WebMD, April 9, 2013
- Study finds hormone replacement therapy increases risk of breast cancer,
MedPage Today, Feb. 26, 2013
- Breast augmentation tops list of 2012 cosmetic surgery procedures,
ASAPS, March 12, 2013 — The American Society for Aesthetic Surgery just released its 2012 report from the Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank.
- Fat grafting for breast augmentation — what women should know,
ASPS, March 5, 2013 — More research is needed before concluding that the benefits of fat grafting for breast augmentation outweight the risks, according to the ASAPS.
- Round or shaped, implants yield good results in breast reconstruction,
ASPS, Feb. 28, 2013 — Breast reconstruction patients reported good outcomes with both round and shaped silicone breast implants, reported a new study.
- Advanced breast cancer rising in young women?,
WebMD, Feb. 26, 2013
- FDA approves new silicone gel-filled breast implant,
FDA, Feb. 20, 2013 — The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the Natrelle 410 Highly Cohesive Anatomically Shaped Silicone-Gel Filled Breast Implant to increase breast size.
- Self-image, sexual well-being rise after breast augmentation,
ASPS, Feb. 7, 2013 — A recent study suggests that breast augmentation patients report higher satisfaction with breast appearance as well as physical, sexual and psychosocial well-being.
- New York breast screening law takes effect,
CBS News 12, Feb. 4, 2013
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy provides new option for autologous breast reconstruction,
ASPS, Jan. 29, 2013 — Nipple-sparing mastectomy can achieve natural looking breast reconstruction with the patient's own tissues, says a new report.
- For breast cancer patients, less invasive surgery may be better than full mastectomies,
MyHealthNewsDaily, Jan. 28, 2013
- 3D mammography may improve invasive breast cancer detection,
Medscape Medical News, Jan. 15, 2013
- Breast milk contains beneficial microorganisms,
Fox News, Jan. 11, 2013
- Study suggests safety of combined breast lift and breast augmentation,
ASPS, Jan. 2, 2013 — Breast lift surgery and breast augmentation with implants can safely be performed in a single procedure, suggests a recent study.
- More women undergo immediate breast reconstruction after mastectomy,
ASPS, Jan. 2, 2013 — More woman are choosing breast reconstruction immediately after a mastectomy, breast implants are most common approach.
Latest News | 2012 Archives | 2011 Archives | 2010 Archives | 2009 Archives
2008 Archives | 2007 Archives | 2006 Archives | 2005 Archives
Locate a plastic surgeon in your area:
Cosmetic Surgery Quick Facts
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, breast augmentation was the most popular cosmetic surgery procedure in 2012. Quick Facts
Links and Resources for Women
Websites that offer the latest, most reliable and most in-depth information about breast cancer and other women's health and lifestyle issues. Links and Resources