Links and Resources for Women
We are dedicated to bringing you the most comprehensive listing of Websites that offer the latest, most reliable and most in-depth information about breast cancer and other women's health and lifestyle issues. Please contact us if you know of other online resources that would be of interest to and benefit our community of visitors.
Breast Cancer Resources
- American Cancer Society, Breast Cancer Guide — Detailed guide that addresses a wide variety of questions about breast cancer.
- National Cancer Institute, Breast Cancer — Information on the prevention, testing and treatment, for breast cancer. Includes research summaries and statistics.
- National Breast Cancer Foundation — The mission of the National Breast Cancer Foundation is to save lives by increasing awareness of breast cancer through education and by providing mammograms for those in need.
- Breast Cancer Deadline 2020 — The National Breast Cancer Coalition is a grassroots advocacy effort in the fight against breast cancer.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure — The Komen foundation is the world's largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists.
- breastcancer.org — A nonprofit organization dedicated to providing the most reliable, complete and up-to-date information about breast cancer.
- Breast Friends — Atlanta-based breast cancer support network.
Women's Health and Lifestyle Resources
- HealthFinder.Gov — Includes information on fitness, nutrition, prevention and making healthy choices.
- La Leche League International, Breastfeeding after Breast Surgery — True stories of mothers' experiences breastfeeding after breast surgery.
- National Institutes of Health, Women's Health — Index of NIH health resources, clinical trials, MedlinePlus, health hotlines.
- National Library of Medicine, Women's Health Resources — Present topics pertaining to women's health, major reports and database links.
- National Women's Health Information Center — Women's health information on more than 800 topics.
- National Women's Health Resource Center — Covers more than 100 conditions, diseases and women's health issues.
Plastic Surgery Resources
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons — ASPS is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world with more than 7,000 physician members.
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery — ASAPS is the leading professional organization of board certified plastic surgeons who specialize in cosmetic surgery.
- America's Top Plastic Surgeons — America's Top Plastic Surgeons features topics on plastic surgery procedures for the breasts, body, face and skin.
Locate a plastic surgeon in your area:
Cosmetic Surgery Quick Facts
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, breast augmentation was the most popular cosmetic surgery procedure in 2012. Quick Facts
News and Features
The most current, informative news and features about breast augmentation, breast implants and related women's health issues. News and Features
See our feature article: Critical but Forgotten — Your Post-Surgical Bra